BALANCE, BEND, FLOAT - an Inversion Transitions yoga workshop
Schedule & Booking
- Date: 19/06/2022
- Teacher: Marcia Sharp
- Price: £35.00
Sunday 19th June
2pm - 4.30pmBook Workshop
Treat yourself to an uplifting deep dive workshop to help keep you on track and progress the balance and inverted elements of your yoga practice. Created for you, for when a yoga class won't quite do it, and you need a little bit more.
We will use breathing, gravity, props and the wall to assist with longer holds whilst balancing upside down, developing your backbend, and rising above what gets you down when you float in your yoga practice. Expect to have a lot of fun working hard with Marcia on this BBF inversions transitions journey!
1. A warm up before each section: the back, shoulders, hips; lengthening and stretching the important muscles
2. Three sections:
• Balance - Pincha Mayurasana, Forearm Balance to Viparita Dandasana, Inverted Staff pose
• Bend - Urdhva Dhanurasana, Wheel pose (dropping back and standing up)
• Float - Eka Pada Bakasana, Flying Crow / Kakasana, Crow Pose to Tripod Headstand
3. A guided Savasana (Relaxation) to rejuvenate the body and mind.
This workshop is open to intermediate practitioners and curious seasoned beginners. For those who are relatively new to inversions, modifications will make this session fully enjoyable, enabling everyone to be creative, playful and joyful together.
If you have an injury or health condition, please check with us prior to booking.